This is a quick and healthy dinner. You'll have it on the table in under 30 minutes, so it's perfect when you're pushed for time - simple and delicious!
Bali is a Hindu island in Indonesia. Its cuisine is unique and interesting and demonstrates indigenous traditions alongside influences from other Indonesian regional cuisine, Chinese & Indian. Basa Gede is the basic spice paste of Bali and balances fresh ingredients such as lemongrass, turmeric and ginger with dry earthy ingredients such as candlenuts, nutmeg and coriander.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2):
1 pot of Basa Gede curry paste by Neha Hampton
250g white fish fillets (e.g. cod, haddock or hake) - skinned & cubed
400ml tin of coconut milk
150-200g jasmine or basmati rice to serve
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS - so simple and easy, just 3 steps:
1. Add the paste into a pan and warm for a few minutes until aromatic, then add coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Add the fish and cook on gentle heat for 12-15 minutes.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste - use salt & pepper or Thai fish sauce ("nam pla"). Add a squeeze of lime, garnish with coriander and serve with steamed jasmine or basmati rice.
This recipe is by Neha Hampton whose curry pastes are available to buy in our online shop.
* High-quality, fresh UK produce * Free delivery across Sussex (no minimum order) *
* Easy to understand pricing & pack sizes * Sustainable packaging *