We’re excited to stock these new Pestle fresh curry pastes, hand made in Sussex by Neha Hampton - the maker behind the other curry pastes we sell.
With flavours rooted in cultural unity, each paste captures the authentic flavours of some of the most well-known and loved curries. All you need to do is add fish (or meat / vegetables) for incredibly tasty, simple and quick dinners this winter.
This korma paste is mild, made of warming spices such as mace, cinnamon, coriander and cumin combined with yoghurt for a luxurious celebratory dish.
Recipe suggestion - Fish (or Prawn) Korma:
What you'll need:
1 Pestle korma curry paste
600g of boneless fish fillet (diced & skinned*) - white or oily fish
(Alternatively use 500g of whole peeled & deveined prawns)
1 heaped tbsp yoghurt
1. Add the korma paste and water to a pan and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes
2. Add your diced fish (or whole prawns)
3. Loosely cover and cook for 5 minutes until fish/prawns are cooked - stir gently a few times
4. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before gently stirring through yoghurt
5. Garnish wirth chopped fresh coriander, discarding any thick stalks
6. Serve with steamed basmati rice, naan or chapati
Alternative uses: this paste makes an incredible marinade for kebabs or slow roasted lamb - simply mix paste with 1 tbsp yoghurt and marinade for 4-24 hours before cooking.
*Just ask if you'd like any of the fish you order from us diced and skinned to use with this curry paste.
(140g pouch - serves 4)
Korma curry paste by Pestle
Rapeseed oil, onions, garlic, ginger, ground spices, salt and sugar.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Gluten-free.