This is a quick and healthy dinner. You'll have it on the table in under 30 minutes, so it's perfect when you're pushed for time - simple and delicious!
Laksa is a spicy noodle soup popular across many countries in South East Asia. It's made in different ways with different flavours, noodles, vegetables, fish and meat. Melaka Laksa showcases Nyonyan cuisine with a blend of dried and fresh chillies, lemongrass and lime juice balanced perfectly with creamy coconut milk. Perfect with prawns and rice noodles and colourful crunchy vegetables and herbs.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2):
1 pot of Melaka Laksa curry paste by Neha Hampton
200g (8-10) fresh king prawns, peeled or unpeeled
100g cooked noodles of your choice (egg, rice, wheat)
200ml coconut milk
Vegetables and herbs to garnish
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS - so simple and easy, just 3 steps:
1. Add the paste into a pan and warm for a few minutes until aromatic, then add the coconut milk & water and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Add the prawns and cook on gentle heat for 5-7 minutes - taste and adjust seasoning to taste using salt & pepper or Thai fish sauce ("nam pla").
3. Prep bowl first by adding noodles, then pour over your prawn laksa and top with a crunchy vegetable and herb garnish.
This recipe is by Neha Hampton whose curry pastes are available to buy in our online shop.
* High-quality, fresh UK produce * Free delivery across Sussex (no minimum order) *
* Easy to understand pricing & pack sizes * Sustainable packaging *
You may also like...
"Every single item was perfect. Super-fresh and unbelievably tasty. My guests said it’s the best they've ever eaten. The Loch Duart Salmon is out of this world - the best salmon I’ve ever had! The lobsters were ridiculously flavoursome. Big juicy tasty mussels and clams. Perfect squid. Massive tasty prawns. Big fresh scallops. We loved it all thank you!" JASON, BRIGHTON