This is a quick and healthy family dinner. You'll have it on the table in under 30 minutes so perfect for busy times - so simple and delicious!
This recipe has been reproduced with kind permission of Spice Pots, the independent Scottish producer of the Korma spice powder featured in this recipe - available to buy in our online shop.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
2 tablespoons oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4cm piece of ginger, grated
4 cloves of garlic
400g tin of tomatoes (or use chopped fresh tomatoes)
25g of Spice Pots Korma spice powder
20 raw king prawns - shells & heads removed, deveined & butterflied (available to buy in our online shop)
400ml tin of coconut milk
Salt, to taste
Fresh coriander to garnish
1. Heat the oil and cook the onions, ginger and garlic until soft and browning
2. Add the tomatoes and reduce for 5 minutes or so
3. Add the Korma spice powder
4. Cook for a minute then add the coconut milk*
5. Once bubbling, add the prawns and cook until they turn pink
6. Season with salt and garnish with fresh coriander
7. Serve with rice and naan bread
Roast the prawn shells & heads in a pan over a high heat with a little oil for a few minutes, bashing up the heads to help release the flavour - de-glaze your pan with 150ml of water and reduce on a high heat by one-third to impart the prawn flavour. Strain through a sieve and add the prawn stock to your curry at the same time as the coconut milk.
* High-quality, fresh UK produce * Free delivery across Sussex (no minimum order) *
* Easy to understand pricing & pack sizes * Sustainable packaging *