Turbot is a sought-after flatfish, renowned for its meaty flesh and luxurious flavour. Turbot can stand up to most cooking methods, whether frying, baking, grilling, steaming or barbecuing, it will always go down a treat.
1 whole turbot
Juice of 1 lemon
100g butter, softened, in small lumps
1 small bunch tarragon, leaves chopped
1. Heat your oven to 220C and insert a large baking tray to pre-heat.
2. Slash the skin of the turbot in diagonal lines across its skin.
3. Fold the bay leaves lengthways and insert them into the slashes.
4. Drizzle the hot baking tray with some olive oil. Add the turbot.
5. Squeeze over lemon juice, some more olive oil and season with the salt.
6. Put the tray into the oven and scatter the butter over the fish. Roast for 20 minutes.
* High-quality, fresh UK produce * Free delivery across Sussex (no minimum order) *
* Easy to understand pricing & pack sizes * Sustainable packaging *