We’re excited to stock these new Pestle fresh curry pastes, hand made in Sussex by Neha Hampton - the maker behind the other curry pastes we sell.
With flavours rooted in cultural unity, each paste captures the authentic flavours of some of the most well-known and loved curries. All you need to do is add fish (or meat / vegetables) for incredibly tasty, simple and quick dinners this winter.
This tikka masala paste is blended with warming spices such as cardamon, fennel, mace and cinnamon with caramelised onions, garlic and ginger to create an indulgent curry that will be a hit with all the family.
Recipe suggestion - Fish (or Prawn) Tikka Masala:
What you'll need:
1 Pestle tikka masala curry paste
600g of boneless fish fillet (diced & skinned*) - white or oily fish
(Alternatively use 500g of whole peeled & deveined prawns)
30g butter (optional)
1. Add the tikka masala paste and passata to a pan and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes
2. Add your diced fish (or whole prawns)
3. Loosely cover and cook for 5 minutes until fish/prawns are cooked - stir gently a few times
4. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before gently stirring through the cream and butter
5. Garnish wirth chopped fresh coriander, discarding any thick stalks
6. Serve with steamed basmati rice, naan or chapati
Alternative uses: this paste makes an incredible marinade for BBQs or slow roasts - simply mix paste with 1 tbsp yoghurt and 1 tsp tomato puree and marinade for 4-24 hours before cooking.
*Just ask if you'd like any of the fish you order from us diced and skinned to use with this curry paste.
(140g pouch - serves 4)
Tikka Masala curry paste by Pestle
Rapeseed oil, onions, garlic, ginger, ground spices, salt and sugar.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Gluten-free.