We’re excited to stock these new Pestle fresh curry pastes, hand made in Sussex by Neha Hampton - the maker behind the other curry pastes we sell.
With flavours rooted in cultural unity, each paste captures the authentic flavours of some of the most well-known and loved curries. All you need to do is add fish (or meat / vegetables) for incredibly tasty, simple and quick dinners this winter.
This vindaloo paste is hot, but the flavours of dried aromatic spices such as roasted black cardamon, kashmiri chillies and pepper with tangy vinegar & tamarind create a delightful, fiery and aromatic curry.
Recipe suggestion - Fish (or Prawn) Vindaloo:
What you'll need:
1 Pestle vindaloo curry paste
600g of boneless fish fillet (diced & skinned*) - white or oily fish
(Alternatively use 500g of whole peeled & deveined prawns)
1. Add the vindaloo paste and water to a pan and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes
2. Add your diced fish (or whole prawns)
3. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes until fish/prawns are cooked and sauce has thickened - stir gently a few times
4. Garnish wirth chopped fresh coriander, discarding any thick stalks
5. Serve with steamed basmati rice, naan or chapati
Alternative uses: use the paste as a marinade for meat or paneer - marinade for no more than 2 hours as vinegar can toughen meat.
*Just ask if you'd like any of the fish you order from us diced and skinned to use with this curry paste.
(140g pouch - serves 4)
Vindaloo curry paste by Pestle
Rapeseed oil, onions, garlic, ginger, ground spices, malt vinegar, tamarind, salt and sugar.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Gluten-free.